With Creamcheese Frosting
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspooon vanilla
2 cups coarsely grated zucchini (loosely packed)
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1. – In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat 3 eggs until frothy. Gradually add 2 cups sugar. Stir in 1 cup vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon of vanilla. Beat until thick and lemon colored. Stir in zucchini.
2. – In a medium bowl, whisk together to combine 2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir dry mixture into wet mixture, stirring to combine. Add chopped walnuts or pecans, if desired.
3. – Spray two bread loaf pans (approximately 8"x4"x3") with Baker's Joy, or grease and flour to prevent sticking. Pour batter into pans and level off with the back of a spoon.
4. – Bake for approximately 1 hour or until done.
5. – Allow loaves to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then run a knife along the sides to loosen bread and remove from pans. Cool on wire rack. Brush tops of loaf with melted butter while still warm.
THIS CREAM CHEESE FROSTING will frost a 9-inch square cake or the top of a 9x13-inch cake.
1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese
1 tablespoon warm water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
Beat cream cheese with water and vanilla; gradually add sugar, beating until smooth and spreading consistency. Makes 1 1/2 cups, enough to frost top and sides of a 9-inch square cake or top of a 13 x 9-inch cake. Double recipe for a layer cake.
Print This Recipe
RETURN TO THE MENU