Cheesecake – No Bake
*1 6-ounce box of lemon Jell-O mix.
*Juice from 1/2 of a lemon.
*1-1/2 cups boiling water.
*1-1/2 cups cold water.
*1 cup sugar.
*2 8-ounce package cream cheese.
*1 teaspoon vanilla.
*1 8-ounce container of Cool Whip.
*2 cups graham cracker crumbs.
*1/2 cup butter – melted.
Extra whip cream and lemon slices / wedges optional for garnish.
1. In a medium mixing bowl, mix the Jell-O, and lemon juice with the hot water. Stir until dissolved, then add the cold water. Set the bowl in the refrigerator until the Jell-O is completely cooled, but not set.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add the chilled Jell-O mix, while beating everything together. Once smooth, set in the refrigerant again, until the mixture begins to thicken – about 1 hour.
3. Prepare the graham cracker crust by mixing the crumbs with the melted butter and then press it into a large springform pan, minimum of 10 inches. Set in freezer until ready for the crust.
4. Fold the Cool Whip into the cream cheese and Jell-O mixture with a rubber scraper. Gently mix until the mixture is smooth and the Cool Whip is evenly distributed.
5. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust. Let it set in the refrigerator for at least six hours. Overnight is best. Do not cover with plastic wrap until the cheesecake is set.
6. Serve chilled, top each slice with the optional whipped cream and lemon wedges. Keep the cheesecake chilled.
Print This Recipe
RETURN TO THE MENU