Pumpkin Cheesecake Snickerdoodles
*3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour.
*1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder.
*1/2 teaspoons salt.
*1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon.
*1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground, or ground nutmeg.
*1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature.
*1 cup granulated sugar.
*1/2 cup light brown sugar.
*3/4 cup pumpkin purée.
*1 large egg.
*2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
*8 ounces cream cheese, softened.
*1/4 cup sugar.
*2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
*1/2 cup granulated sugar.
*1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
*1/2 teaspoon ground ginger.
*Dash of allspice.
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. Set aside.
2. In a KitchenAid mixer with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugars on medium high speed until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Blend in pumpkin purée, beat in egg and then add vanilla. Slowly add dry ingredients on low speed just until combined. Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
4. To make the cream cheese filling, blend cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together. Chill for 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350° and line your baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and spices for the coating and set aside.
6. To make the cookies, take a tablespoon of the cookie batter. Flatten it like a pancake and place a teaspoon of the cream cheese in center. Form. Another tablespoon of the cookie batter into a flat pancakes shape and place on top of the cream cheese. Pinch the edges together sealing in the cream cheese and roll into a ball. Role in the cinnamon sugarcoating and placed on the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
7. Repeat until the dough is gone and flatten the cookie dough balls with a heavy bottomed glass or measuring cup.
8. Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes or until the tops start to crack. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack. Enjoy!
Print This Recipe
RETURN TO THE MENU