Chicken Crescent Roles
1. – Set Evan to 350°F.
2. – Butter a casserole dish (any size to hold crescent role).
3. – In a saucepan, mix half-and-half cream, 3/4 cup grated cheese (can use more cheese if desired) , and undiluted chicken soup (can season with black pepper if desired).
4. – Heat just until the cheese melts. (Do not boil).
5. – For the filling . – – (Make certain that the cream cheese and butter are very soft). – In a bowl, mix the soft cream cheese with butter until very smooth, – then add in garlic powder (if using).
6. – Add in the chopped chicken, (see note) onion and cheddar cheese; mix well until combined.
7. – Add in 2 tablespoons whipping cream or mayonnaise; – mix to combine (add in a little more. If the mixture seems to dry).
8. – Season with seasoned salt or white and black pepper to taste.
9. – Unroll the crescent rolls.
10. – Place one heaping tablespoon chicken mixture (or a little more). On top of each crescent triangle. – Then roll up starting at the thinner end.
11. – Drizzle a small amount of soup mixture on the bottom of the dish.
12. – Then place the crescent rolls, seam-side down on top of the creamed mixture in the casserole.
13. – Drizzle the remaining sauce on top (you do not have to use the full amount of cream sauce, just use as much as desired) and sprinkle with one cup (or more) grated cheese or amount desired.
14. – Bake for about 30 minutes.
NOTE: I always precook my chicken, that way I am certain the chicken is well done.
Print This Recipe
RETURN TO THE MENU