Chicken and Dumplings. – Slow Cooker
2 chicken breasts.
1 10-3/4 ounce can cream of chicken soup.
1 stick of celery, (optional) chopped in small pieces.
1 10-3/4 ounce can cream of celery soup.
1 10-3/4 ounce can filled with water.
1 14.5 ounce can chicken broth.
1 stick of celery, (optional ) chopped in small pieces. 4 carrots, sliced or diced.
1 white onion diced.
1/2 teaspoon thyme.
1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
1 cup frozen peas. (Optional).
Pillsbury Grand Biscuits. (8 biscuits 1 can).
NOTE I only use seven of these biscuits.
INSTRUCTIONS. 1. – Put the cream of chicken, cream of celery, a soup size can of water, and chicken broth in your slow cooker.
2. – Whisk until smooth.
3. – Add chicken breasts, carrots, celery, onions, thyme, and black pepper to your slow cooker.
4. – Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
5. – When the eight hours is up, shred the chicken with 2 forks right in the slow cooker.
6. – Add peas at this point if you would like. Stir.
7. – Add 7 biscuits to the top of the soup.
8. – Sprinkle dumplings with thyme.
9. – Turn your slow cooker too HIGH.
10. – Cook on HIGH fro 40 minutes to 1 hour. – You will know the dumplings are done when they are no longer shiny.
Print This Recipe
RETURN TO THE MENU