Lasagna no Noodles
1½ cups onions, chopped
3 cups mushrooms, sliced
3 cups (~3 medium) zucchini, sliced into rounds (? thick)
½ pound 99% fat-free ground turkey
½ tablespoon garlic, minced
Ό teaspoon Italian seasoning
Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
1 (24 oz) jar pasta sauce, I used Classico Tomato and Basil or use your favorite
1 (15 oz) container fat-free ricotta cheese, see shopping tip
½ cup light mozzarella cheese, shredded
Ό cup Parmesan cheese, grated, see food fact
1 large egg, I like using Egg-Lands Best
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, add onions and mushrooms. Cook in microwave for 4 minutes. Drain liquid. Next, place zucchini in microwave safe bowl and cook in microwave about 3 minutes, until soft. Drain liquid.
3. Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Add ground turkey and garlic. Cook, breaking up the pieces, until browned. Once browned, stir in 1 cup pasta sauce, cooked onions and mushrooms, Italian seasoning and pepper. Mix well. 4. In a bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese and egg. Combine well.
5. To assemble lasagna: Spread Ύ cup pasta sauce on bottom of baking pan. Add ½ of cooked zucchini. Spread ½ ricotta mixture over zucchini. Spread entire turkey mixture over top of ricotta. Add remaining zucchini over top of turkey. Add remaining ricotta. Spread remaining pasta sauce over the top of ricotta. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese all over. Finally sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
7. Remove foil and let casserole sit for 15 minutes. Cut into 6 slices.
8. This casserole freezes great! Makes 6 servings (each serving, 1 slice)
Print This Recipe
RETURN TO THE MENU