*1 pound extra lean ground beef or ground turkey, see shopping tips
*1 cup red or yellow onions, chopped
*½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
*½ cup corn (cut off the cob) or frozen and thawed
*½ cup salsa plus ½ cup for topping, I love Pace Chunky Salsa
(medium) or your favorite
*1 ounce (~? cup) reduced-fat tortilla chips, crushed, see shopping tips
*2 egg whites
*Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a cookie sheet or baking pan with foil.
3. In a large bowl, combine beef, onions, red bell pepper, corn, ½ cup salsa, crushed tortilla chips, egg whites, and a little pepper. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
4. Place meatloaf mixture in center of cookie sheet and shape into a 12 x 4 inch loaf by hand.
5. Spread remaining ½ cup salsa evenly over the top of loaf. Add more, if desired.
6. Bake 1 hour and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Cut into 12 slices. Serves 4 (each serving 3 slices)
Print This Recipe
RETURN TO THE MENU