YANKEE DOODLE SALAD
*1 Pkg (12 oz) small shell macaroni
*1 cup mayonnaise
*1/3 cup sour cream (use fat free if you can)
*1/3 cup snipped fresh dill
*1 Tbsp Dijon-style mustard
*1 clove garlic, minced
*1 1/2 cup chopped radish
*1 1/2 cup cooked white corn
*1 cup chopped green bell pepper
*Salt & pepper to taste
*Pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
1. – Cook the macaroni in a large pot of water with a pinch of salt for 6 to 8 minutes. – Macaroni should be tender but not soft & mushy.
2. – Drain the macaroni using a colander under cold water until cool then drain well.
3. – In a large bowl mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, radish, corn & bell pepper.
4. – Add the macaroni, mix well. – Add salt, pepper & cayenne mixing well, taste & adjust the seasoning until you have the desired taste.
5. – Cover & refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Just before serving sprinkle the dill over the top.
SERVINGS: 6 to 8 . – – TIME: 30 minutes (plus chill)
Print This Recipe
RETURN TO THE MENU