Ham and Potato Cheese Soup. – Slow Cooker
* 1 (32-oz) bag frozen Southern style hashbrowns.
* 1/2 cup diced onion (I use frozen diced onions!).
* 1 (32-oz.) Box chicken broth.
* 1-1/2 – 2 cups diced ham.
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
* 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
. * 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
* 1 (8 ounce) box 1/2 less fat cream cheese.
* 1 (8 ounces) block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (do not buy priest, shredded, it will not melt as well ).
* Bread and butter for serving.
1. – In a 6 quart slow cooker, add the frozen potatoes, onions, chicken broth, ham, pepper, thyme and garlic powder.
2. – Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
3. – When the cooking time is up, add the cream cheese to a blender, and scoop some broth and hot potatoes into the blender with the cream cheese, just enough to get the blender moving, cover and blend until smooth. Add this mixture back to the rest of the soup in the slow cooker. Add the shredded cheese and stir.
4. – Serve with bread and butter.
Print This Recipe
RETURN TO THE MENU