Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup
*2 cups potatoes, diced and peeled
*1/4 cup onions, diced
*1-1/2 cups low-fat milk
*2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1/8 teaspoon pepper
*1 tablespoon cornstarch
*1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheese (Cheddar, Parmesan or any quick-melting cheese of your choice)
*2 tablespoons fresh chives or green onions for garnish, finely chopped
1. – In the slow cooker, combine all the ingredients except the cornstarch, cheese and chives.
2. – Cook on low heat for 6 – 8 hours.
3. – When it is cooked, get about 4 tablespoons of the potato soup then mix it with the cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth. Add it to the soup and mix well.
4. – Using a masher, hand blender or the back of a fork, mash some of the potatoes while stirring.
5. – Set on high and cook for another 30 minutes or until thick.
6. – Stir in the cheese until melted.
7. – Garnish with the chives or green onions in individual bowls before serving.
Print This Recipe
RETURN TO THE MENU